Sunday 14 September 2014

Back to school

September again!
This year I am using several ice-breakers and self awareness activities to help me learn the names of my students as fast as I can.
1) I write NADISEP on the board and tell them to decifer my name
2) I bring a bag with things that are important for me ( goggles, pencil, brush, ticket, photo) and they try to make true statements about me. They have to bring a bag about themselves the next day
3) We talk about dreams, feelings, expectations and consequences ( I break an egg to show them that sometimes we cannot repair things)
4) We talk about priorities and procrastination and we do the JAR experiment ( fill a jar with stones, pebbles and water in the correct order to show how everything can fit in)
5) We use a ball of yarn and hold a part of it to introduce ourselves and say what makes us unique
6) Establish a classroom contract
And we also have a lot of fun with the dividing line on the floor while I give them choices for ex cats or dogs, and they have to choose which side to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment